What is Pilates?
Pilates was created by Joseph Pilates in the 1920’s and is a method of exercise design to elongate, strengthen and restore the body to balance. Pilates works on building strength from the inside out, creating better posture and flexibility by correcting muscles imbalances.
Pilates can help you to:
* improve your strength, flexibility and balance
* develop strong, yet lean muscles
* restore correct postural alignment
* challenge and strengthen core muscles
* improves circulation
* offers a safe and beneficial form of exercise for a wide range of medical conditions, including Scoliosis,Osteoporosis, Arthritis and Multiple Sclerosis
* promote recovery from injury
* improve and compliment in sports (surf, golf, tennis, dance, rugby)
* integrates mind, body and spirit
* relieves stress and tension and promotes a feeling of well-being